The Business tool that help win the Super Bowl
The Seattle Seahawks used innovative techniques that help them win the Super Bowl.
Anyone familiar with the Seattle Seahawks knows very well about the 12th man for the team. American National Football League rules limit the number of players on the field to 11, Seattle has a 12th man, it’s fans.
The Seattle Seahawks use their fans to their advantage better than other NFL teams. Seattle has retired the number 12 jersey and has done so in honour of their fans. As the team enters the stadium to start a game, they wave the 12th man flag to honour their fans. They take having fan support to a new level. Is it any wonder they have the loudest fans in the league.
So, how does this relate to your business? Well businesses have fans too, we call them customers. The question I asked you is, what is your business doing to support your biggest fans, your best customers?
How can you get your fans to become part of your team and contribute to your results like Seattle Seahawks have done?
Customers can contribute to your business, if you give them the opportunity and if you recognize them for their efforts. Here are what these fans of your business can do for you
• your customers can bring in referrals,
• your customers can help spread the word about your business via mouth-to-mouth marketing,
• Your customers can participate in loyalty programs to keep customers coming back and rewarding them
• Your customers can provide you great marketing information, as you get to know them better and better.
• Customers can provide you with testimonials
• Some businesses goes as far as having customer advisory groups were customers are engaged in the designing of products through their feedback to change or improve products or services of the business itself
A great way to get started along this path is to recognize the fact that your customers are your businesses fans , that alone is a big part of what Seattle does. Then you might want to start creating a customer list which can be a start to collect information about your fans. Remember not all fans are created equal, You may want to segment your fans, figure out who are your best fans and figure out how to get more of them.
There are lots and lots of things that these customers can do to help boost on your business and increase your revenues and profits so be creative.
So raise a flag (literally) in your business for your customers. What are you going to put up, set up or do to recognize your fans!
Go team go!!!!